‘Where is “Blog of the Year Award 2013″ ? asks Private Tutor
It may not be the most colourful but it is as important as any of the blogging awards this private tutor has received.
I sit here pounding the keyboard, putting together a few hundred words for a blog post every week, I comment on posts and I receive comments back. All well and good but when a comment arrives informing me I have received an award, then that is different. Appreciation from my peers is very welcome and I would like to thank Road To Beauty for the award. According to the stats she only has 23 followers – she deserves more. Please click and have a look to see what she what is up to and follow if you like what you read.
They are as follows:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your blog – and link that image back to your nominator [I added that last bit :-)]
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Since I received my first award last November (Blog of the Year Award 2012) I have received several more and dutifully passed them on. I have found that most recipients tend not to pass them on but if anyone likes to award any to me, I am a willing participant and will play the game willingly. By the way, has anyone seen Blog of the Year Award 2013 ? If you have one I would love to receive it!
With regards to no. 3 above I always think 12 or 15 is a lot to award, so I will stick to my rule of always breaking rules by awarding. . . not sure yet, I’ll see as this post progresses.
No. 5 above is the tricky one. I will, however, endeavour to excite, agitate and kindle a modicum of interest in your good selves.
My nominations go to – in no particular order:
1. nwharrisbooks – A faithful reader who always likes/comments on my posts and has wonderful content. Plus, a recently published novel you may be interested in.
2. Angies Grapevine – Always interesting, always willing to like/comment
3. thereluctantranter – A ranter of wonderful rantivishness – one for those who like a good old chunter
4. fingerprintwriting – Lovely content – one who is willing to like and comment – for that I am very grateful
5. The Emporium of Lost Thoughts – Has liked/commented on many of my posts – thank you
To those of you that are feeling a little left out. I promise to award you Blog of the Year Award 2013 when someone awards me Blog of the Year Award 2013!
7 Interesting Comments About Me
After much sucking of the thumb, contemplation of the naval and scratching of the head I leave you with the following:
1. My best selling novel [in my dreams anyway ] will have its first draft completed by the end of September.
2. I have just returned from a wedding in St. Ives (Cornwall, England). The place is a tourist honey pot. It reminded me that I hate crowds and will never again visit another tourist honey pot during school holidays.
3. With reference to point 2 above – I have grumpy old man tendencies before becoming a grumpy old man.
4. I do not like hot weather i.e. anything above 18 c. It makes me very grumpy. . . see above also.
5. I put all my books and cd’s in alphabetical order – how interesting is that? Should anyone replace one not in order I get very grumpy indeed – link this to numbers 2, 3, and 4 above.
6. I recently went to an Elvis tribute concert (not my choice). I couldn’t understand why the females on the row in front were standing up and screaming. Does that make me a grumpy old man? If so, please link to 2, 3, 4 and 5 above.
7. As mentioned above this private tutor likes to break rules so I will only write 6 interesting things about me – unless you find that interesting, in which case this is number 7.