Private English Tutor Passes on Liebster Award
Private tutor unable to hold on to responsibility of this award passes on the torch.
First of all, a big thank you to‘ The Beauty Within‘ for this award. I love a blog with lots of ‘bits and pieces’ and that is why I decided to follow ‘The Beauty Within’. Please take a little time out to see for yourself.
Second of all (can I write that?), who or what is this Liebster thing? After days of library research, or was a couple of clicks on you know what? I found tthe following:
‘The most I learned was that it was kind of like a chain letter, a blogger to blogger award, you had to nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 readers, “liebster” is dearest in German, and that no one knew the origins.’ (http://sopphey.onimpression.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award-origins.html)
I stand to be corrected and enlightened on the above but it satified my curiosity somewhat.
Third of all (there’s that dodgy English again) someone, somewhere has upped the anti and decided this award must be passed on to eleven of us erstwhile bloggers rather than five. I guess that spreading a little more happiness can’t be such a bad thing. Suppose I did a naughty and sent it to 500 bloggers and they sent it to 500, etc. – does that mean there will be so much more happiness in the world that there would be no wars? Alas, I digress. . .
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows :
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
Questions asked by The Beauty Within blog
1. Have you ever been mean to someone who didn’t deserve it?
Yes – my brother
2. What is your favourite movie ever?
Tough – ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ – Perhaps. . .
3. would you rather give up technology for a year or live a year eating nothing but tripe?
I find tripe disgusting so I guess I would have to be a hermit
4. Do you believe in stuff like soul mates and love of my life?
5. What kind of blogs do you like?
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I have one dog and two cats – does that make me a cat person?
7. If there is a novel and a movie based on that novel soon to be released, do you read the novel or do you just say ” I will wait for the movie”?
8. Whats the first site you go to as soon as you get on the computer?
9. If you could spend the day with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
Sir David Attenborough – To listen to his stories
10. What do you miss more if it isn’t there, water or electricity?
Tough – Would I rather be deaf or blind?
11. Do you love watching series, is so what is your favourite at the moment?
Yes I do. It’s not exactly a series but I am loving ‘Mrs Brown’s Boys’
Eleven Random Facts About Me
i. I like to use roman numerals where possible
ii. I live in the middle of England where it rains a lot
iii. I have webbed feet – I lied about that one
iv. Like most bloggers I am writing a novel (31,630 words at the last count but that also includes ‘Chapter 1’, ‘Chapter 2’, etc.)
v. I was sacked (dismissed) from my first job as a paper boy – I went on an outwards bound trip with the school and forgot to tell the boss
vi. I was sacked from a job in a theatre becuse I was going away to start my own theatre company – the first the boss heard of it was the interview I did with the local radio station
vi. My own Theatre-In-Education ran for ten years performing for ages from 5 – 95
vii. I am very proud of running the afore mentioned company as a commmercial venture for so long
viii. I am uncertain whether it is blog etiquette to follow another blog simply because they click to follow you – seems like good manners to do so
ix. I have a metal plate in my body, as the resut of a motor bike accident, which does not cause airport scanners to bleep
x. It took me thirteen years to write a play!
xi. The afore mentioned play was rejected by my local theatre but I won’t let it rest there!
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES – All about blogging
i. What do you think WordPress should do about cyberstalkers on their site when they receive a complaint?
ii. Do you thinK we should be able to block individuals from looking at our blog?
iii. If someone follows your blog do you think it good manners to follow theirs and do so?
iv. Were you pleased or annoyed to receive this award?
v. Have you ever blogged with any site other than WordPress?
vi. If so, what was your experience?
vii. Approximately what percentage of posts do you read from blogs you are following?
viii. Approximately how long do you spend blogging each day?
ix. How many blogs are you following?
x. Which is the favourite blog you are following? Don’t say this one just because it’s given you an award. . .(lol)
xi. Has eleven of everything on this Liebster Award post been too many? Should it have been the original five?
I nominate the following for the Liebster award. I have chosen those of you whose blogs I enjoy but do not have hoards of followers. I hope that this will, perhaps, introduce you to others who will get pleasure your writings and click to follow you. Do not feel you have to accept this – this is a ‘no pressure’ award only for those that want to participate.
iii. Saucy gander
viii. and then there was sarah
This private tutor wishes you all well in the blogging bubble.